Monday, August 18, 2014

The Best of Summer 2014

Today starts my third year of college! Summer is almost officially over, (it will be over when I go to my first class, which isn't for a few more hours) and I wanted to do a highlight reel of the most exciting things I did this summer.
 
I got into kayaking! It was really fun. I met some nice hipsters and saw some turtles.
I worked at a day camp for 3-6 year olds. They were sourpatch kids if you know what I mean...first they were sour then they were sweet. Then they were sour again, and then they were sweet sometimes. But it was fun...it kept me busy and entertained, that's for sure.
Meagan came home from Europe! I love my best friend more than I can explain, so I was so happy to get to see her this summer.
Collin asked me to be his girlfriend! *swoon.* He left for drum corps, but then he came back and we basically partied all summer. In this picture, we were in Dallas and had just eaten some AWESOME queso.

These pictures are from my New York/New Jersey adventures. My aunt and uncle live right by the beach in New Jersey so my family went to visit. We also spent a day in New York City (bottom right, I'm standing on the 86th floor of the Empire State Building). The best part of this trip though was the FOOD. The "pretzel nugs" (Top right) and pizza (bottom left, in case you don't know what pizza looks like) were out of this world. Not pictured is the AMAZING philly cheesesteak I had in Philadelphia (Oh yeah, we went there too). The cheesesteak was probably my favorite thing we had on the #foodvacation.  


I took a roadtrip to Austin with Collin to visit Cali. Cal has been working at a camp all summer and I missed her a ton! But she was doing big things and I'm so proud of her. On the way home, Collin and I seriously befriended a baby giraffe. As soon as we walked up to his barn he came right to us and let us pet him! And that was before we gave him any food ;) But even after we fed him he still wanted to hang with us and let us take some selfies with him. I also got to visit Brittany in Dallas when she was on her way home from The Pines. This sweet friend is so great. We met last summer when we were both working at the greatest catholic camp in all the land and I am so glad we've stayed friends!
 
Honorable Mentions not pictured: Summer softball, Catholic girls night, causing a scene at Whataburger when I was surprise-reunited with chase, and dancing at Billy Bobs!
 
I'm all moved into my house in Stillwater and so ready for a great year. Its already off to a great start--I love my roommates and my friends and I can't wait to start my job as a research assistant for one of my favorite professors. Hopefully it will be a great year of doing things. Go pokes! Bye summer 2014!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment